VIDEO / DVD
Return to FULL
Return to HOMEPAGE
Filmed By: David Sumpter
Year of Production: 1974
Duration: 70 minutes
- This flick combines some great free-surfing and some contest footage
from the best of the time.
- Seems strange to hear the comments being made about the new "2SM
Coca-Cola Surfabout", or to hear people speaking about the isolated but
beautiful surf spots on Sydney's Northern Beaches.
- Travel to Kuta Beach in Bali back when it cost $2 a day to live and there
were no multi-national hotels or fast-food outlets anywhere.
- Commentary is by Wayne Lynch, Paul Neilson and David Sumpter, with music
by Elton John and Crosby, Stills & Nash, plus others.
Filmed By: Chris Ahrens
Year of Production: 1991
- Advertised as "The Longboard Film Of Our Era".
- On Safari To Stay is the story of two modern longboarders,
played by Joel Tudor and Wingnut.
- They're looking for the magical '60's.
- On their quest they meet longboard legends Skip
Frye and Donald Takayama.
- They borrow Takayama's van and travel deep into
Mexico where they discover good times and hot waves.
ON SAFARI AGAIN
Filmed By: Steve Cleveland
Year of Production: 2003
- The crew of "On Safari To Stay", go "On
- Come along with us on our journey throughout California
and Hawaii as we catch great waves with some of the best longboarders on the
Filmed By: Rodney Sumpter
Year Of Production: 1971
Duration: 51 minutes
- Pretty grainy and washed out
- Obviously didn't transfer well from film to DVD
- Corny commentary
ONCE UPON A WAVE - 1959 - 1962
Filmed By: Walt Philips
Year Of Production: 2008
Duration: 50 minutes
- Sit back, hang loose and travel along the California
coast to surf Big Malibu with Dewey Weber, Miki Dora, Lance Carson