VIDEO / DVD TITLES
Return to FULL
Return to HOMEPAGE
Filmed By: Steve Otton
Year of Production: Originally early 70's, then re-hashed in
Duration: 90 minutes
- Just thought I’d throw this one in.
- Don’t go looking for it anywhere, because, before I completely wore it
out, I had one of probably only a couple of copies of an abridged version
of a now non-existent original.
- The modified version was to be used as a promo for a possible television
showing, but none of the stations would pick it up.
- It documents the travels of a couple of “surf crazies” as they travel
up the coast along Highway One showing a surf film (Morning of the Earth).
- The surfing is great, and having been produced back in the early 70’s,
it’s also all very love, peace and country living.
- The people in the video are all actual surfers and not actors, and that
gives it even more appeal.
- Man, the acting is so corny, but it only adds to the charm of it all.
- See the surf life the way it was before AIDS, before social consciousness,
and before the crowds.
- Featuring music by Richard Clapton, Skyhooks, Ol’55 and the Bilgola Bop
Filmed By: Robert "Nat" Young
Year Of Production: 1985
Duration: 85 minutes
- As the name implies, this is a History of Australian
Surfing, and is narrated by one of the best known Australian surfers, Nat
- It takes a look at the past, present and future
of the sport of surfing as seen through the eyes of it's innovators and imitators.
- This is a video version of a book that was written
by Nat Young on the same subject, and is well worth a look in.
Filmed By: Tim Bonython
Year Of Production: 2005
Duration: 63 minutes
- Modern longbording featuring the likes of Bonga
Perkins taking some big drops in Hawai'i
- Also Samoa, Australia, Indonesia, Costa Rica, California.
Filmed By: Dave Banquil
Year Of Production: 2007
Duration: 52 minutes
- Bonus - California Vacation + SUP
Filmed By: Joseph Ryan
Year Of Production: 2008
Duration: 54 min
- A journey down Australia's East Coast hanging out
with some of Australia's best longboarders
- Finding out about their place, their waves, their
mates, their home
- Josh Constable, Grant Thomas, Dane Pioli, Beau
Young, Harley Ingleby, Dave Simons, Dane Wilson
- Noosa, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Byron Bay, Coffs
Coast, Crescent Head, Sydney
HIGH ON A COOL WAVE
Filmed By: Bob Evans
Duration: 65 minutes
- One of the few films that Bob Evans did that is available
- The dawn of the new era and the evolution of the short board