VIDEO / DVD
Return to FULL
Return to HOMEPAGE
Filmed By: Bud Browne
Year of Production: 1975
Duration: 92 minutes
- Don't know whether it's just me, but these early videos are always so
uncomplicated, uncluttered and great fun.
- This one is no exception.
- It's a classic.
- Amongst other great images from the past, you'll see Greg Noll riding
the biggest mother of a wave at Outside Pipeline.
- The "characters" from that by-gone era are as large as life
and deeply in love with it.
- They were larcenous in their attitudes to life and enjoyed their chosen
sport with a passion.
- The spots are now fairly out-dated, but Bud Browne's comments on "civilisation"
and it's effect on previously pristine coastal spots is right on the money.
Filmed By: Arsen Brzostek
Year of Production: 2005
Duration: 54 minutes
- Shows the world of the Southern Californian surfer through the surfing
of Jesse Timm and Kevin Connelly.
- Hear from the original Soul Surfers like Linda Benson, Lance Carson,
LJ Richards, Henry Ford, et al.
- A great little flick.
Filmed By: Chris Bystrom
Year Of Production: 1995
Duration: 47 minutes
- See the wave that killed Mark Foo!!
- Not a very good way to advertise a video flick,
but thatís the way it goes when surfers challenge mother nature.
- Although not very long at 47 minutes, this video
is packed with some unbelievable big wave action.
- See the most mind-blowing surf to pound Mavericks
in Southern California.
- Listen to the person who first rode it.
- A fairly unique feature of this video is the live
action sound from both on shore and out in the water.
- Hear the people in the camera boats as each surfer
takes the drop.
- See each ride and all the wipeouts.
- Also watch the Hawaiian action from the Winter
of 94/95 as well as some radical surfing in the land of Oz.
Filmed By: Jack McCoy
Duration: 55 minutes
- Another in the Billabong Series